Hey, everybody. It’s Kristen, your host of the Dunedin Daily — here to let you in on what’s happening in town today. I’ll get right to it…
📣 Our readers love to celebrate good news! You can now shout out your big announcement at the top of the Dunedin Daily newsletter. Whether it’s a grand opening, new product for sale, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding or new baby, let everyone celebrate alongside you! Submit your announcement here.
First, today’s weather:
Humid; a stray pm t-storm. High: 89 Low: 79.
Our local sponsors have some great stuff to offer:
- Is mold in your home making you sick? If so, you need to call The Mold Girl. Owner Liz Keefer is a local Council-Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant with over 12 years of experience providing mold testing services. She will thoroughly assess your home for visible or hidden mold issues and create a comprehensive remediation & prevention plan to restore your indoor air quality. Call Liz at (727) 205-6020 to schedule your inspection for only $575 and mention patch for $50 off.
- Want to support local artists in Dunedin? Studio 1212 Art Gallery at 234 Monroe St. in Dunedin is a non-profit art gallery managed by award-winning local artists from our area. The gallery features original artwork, prints and cards and has a popular boutique of hand-crafted gift items. Hours are 11am – 3pm Wednesday to Sunday or visit studio1212.org to shop and to see exhibition schedules. And to support local artists by becoming a Patron of Studio 1212, go here.
- Dunedin dog parents — Help your furry friend live a long and healthy life with fresh human grade food for dogs. Lucky Dog Cuisine uses meticulously sourced local ingredients cooked fresh, frozen and delivered from their kitchen to yours. Fresh food is easier to digest and provides optimum nutrition for the health of your dog – and you can relax knowing you’re feeding them the best. Daily readers, mention patch for a free bag of cookies with your order. Visit Lucky Dog Cuisine to learn more.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top three stories today in Dunedin:
- A crafting group at the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd in Dunedin raised $2,100 for Ukrainian refugees after unintentionally selecting the country’s flag colors for their quilt project weeks before Russia invaded Ukraine. The Church of the Good Shepherd Prayer Quilters and Crafters (COGS Crafters) is a group of Dunedin locals who come together to make prayer quilts. They their first quilting completed project of the year in March and decided to raffle it off and send the money they raised to the Episcopal Relief & Development’s Ukraine Crisis Response Fund. Response from the community was overwhelming, and they wound up raising $2,100, more than four times their goal! (Dunedin Patch | Newsbreak)
- Have you ever seen a bird and wondered, “what kind of bird is that?” If you have, you may want to attend the Bird Identifier Seminar hosted by Paul Trunk of the Clearwater Audubon Society. Trunk will answer questions about using guidebooks and where to locate certain birds, helping you become more aware of Florida’s nature and wildlife. The seminar is scheduled for July 25 at 6 pm at the Dunedin Public Library. Registration is not required. Call the library’s reference desk at 727-298-3080 ext. 1707 if you have any questions. (City of Dunedin via Facebook)
- Looking for plans your kids will love this summer? Check out this list of some of the most exciting events happening in Dunedin throughout July and August! The list includes a performance of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, an Ocean Ninja Obstacle Course for teens, a Float-In Movie at Highlander Pool and much more. Check it out at the link! (Newsbreak)
Dunedin Daily Pic of the Day:
Thank you Joe A. Rodriguez for your photo taken while driving down the Dunedin Causeway!
Want to see your Dunedin photo here? Submit it to Dunedin@Patch.com for consideration! Please confirm in the email that you own the rights to the photo, and that Patch has permission to republish it.
Today in Dunedin:
- Open Studio Event at Kirk Hall (10 am)
- Joy Rides Dunedin at the First Presbyterian Church (10 am)
- Dunedin Blue Jays vs. Clearwater Threshers at TD Ballpark (6:30 pm)
- Macaron & Beer Pairing at Cueini Brewing Co. (7 pm)
From my notebook:
- Reminder: The City of Dunedin is hosting a Patriotic Luncheon on Wednesday, July 20, at noon in the Hale Senior Activity Center. Wear your red, white, and blue and enjoy trivia games, lunch, and a great time with friends! (City of Dunedin via Facebook | Dunedin Gov)
- JC’s Dunedin Barber Shop is holding a Back to School Drive benefiting Dunedin Cares now through August! Stop by the shop to donate much-needed school supplies, such as pencils, binders, notebooks, highlighters, backpacks and more. (Dunedin Cares via Facebook)
- Caledonia Brewing Co. now carries Hops for Heroes’ new Homefront IPA on tap. All proceeds are donated to Soldier’s Angels. (Dunedin Merchants via Facebook)
- Check out this new product from Jade Soap Shop on its Facebook page! The “loofah soap” doesn’t have an official product name just yet, but it should be ready for purchase in August! Consider sending the shop some of your name suggestions! (Jade Soap Shop via Facebook)
- Want to beat up a television with a baseball bat to relieve some stress? Head to Hammer Freaks to release your frustration in their smash room! Breaking things is not only cathartic, but it’s super fun! (Hammer Freaks via Facebook)
- Did you know Dunedin Records & Audio sells more than albums? For example, they recently shared some vintage ’70s record players that are a must-have for anyone with a decent-sized record collection. (Dunedin Records & Audio via Facebook)
- Do you need help getting the kids ready for the upcoming school year? Check out these events around Tampa Bay designed to get everything your kids need from physicals and immunizations to backpacks and essential school supplies. (Tampa Bay Times – Subscription may be required)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Tarot Card Readings and Intuitive Consultations with Nicole! One on One and / or Parties! (Details)
- Add your item
That’s it for today! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with a new update.