Hi all. I’m back with your fresh edition of the Bedford Daily. Here are all the things you need to know about what’s happening in town…
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny day today. High: 84 Low: 64.
A big thank you to our premier local sponsors, for helping us keep the community informed!
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more.
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, pet boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend today, or learn more here.
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With over 1000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at email@example.com.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top stories in Bedford today:
- What fireworks are legal in New Hampshire? the Bedford Police Department wants to remind residents of what fireworks are legal, and what is not permitted in the state. The BPD said in a recent post: Permitted fireworks include “Sparklers, Party Poppers, Snappers, and Snakes.” But the BPD reminds everyone that even these fireworks can be dangerous, and to always use them “with extreme caution.” They added: Anyone who “sells, uses or displays Class B fireworks or Class C fireworks” without having a permit issued by the Fire Chief can be fined and prosecuted. It’s always best to leave fireworks to the professionals, the noted. You can watch fireworks in Manchester on July 3 at 9:30 pm at Arms Park; rain date (7/5) and July 4 (after the Fisher Cats game) at Delta Dental Stadium. (Bedford Police Department via Facebook)
- Fisher Cats fans are celebrating! If you happened to see Saturday’s game, it was a blow-out 16-0 win against the Portland, Maine Sea Dogs. Only a day earlier, Sea Dogs Major League All-Star player Chris Sale, on Red Sox rehab with the team, pitched a 15-4 win against the Fisher Cats Friday night You can read more about this story here: (Manchester Ink Link)
- Tickets are on sale for two New Hampshire fundraising concerts to benefit Ukraine. Event organizers are hoping for a big turnout to “raise as much money as possible” to help Ukrainian refugees. With the war showing no signs of stopping, and the humanitarian and refugee crisis, people like Roxanne Barnes, a New Hampshire realtor at Berkshire Hathaway Verani Realty, wants “to make sure the people are not forgotten.” The benefit concerts will be held on July 23 and August 8. You can find out more here: (WMUR)
Help us make this newsletter better!
Thank you for your positive feedback about the Bedford Daily. We’d like to make the Daily even better! Take our simple — and quick! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news and events you really care about. And it will help us toward our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your feedback that, if you take the survey, we’ll enter your email address in a drawing for a small mountain of patch swag. You know you want that tote bag — so click the link and give it to us straight. Thank you!
Take the Survey 👉
From my notebook:
- Animal Rescue League of NH: “Helping a friend in a jam on this Medical Minute with Dr. Magnarelli 😊🐾” (Animal Rescue League of NH via Facebook)
- Animal Rescue League of NH: “It’s almost the 4th of July, pet people! Let’s do what we do best and keep our pets safe and comfortable. We’ve put together a few tips to keep your beloved pets safe this holiday. 1. Keep your pets inside. know how much you love your…” (Animal Rescue League of NH via Facebook)
- Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains: “Brianna from Troop 10063 loves Girl Scouts because… “We help people. We get badges” Two great reasons to love Girl Scouting. 💚 #110reasonstolovegirlscouts #girlscoutsusa #girlscoutsgwm” (Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains via Facebook)
- Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains: “The Archive’s decade of the week is the 1980s! Switching it up to the most darling Brownie uniform complete with the brown jumper and belt, the trefoil print button down blouse, a deeper brown knit cardigan embroidered with the bright or…” ( Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains via Facebook)
- The Canvas Road Show: “Looking for something to do on this raining moring?☔️ Come craft with us TODAY 10am-1pm 🎨🖌” (The Canvas Road Show via Facebook)
- Bedford (NH) Community Television: “Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend and Happy 4th of July!” (Bedford (NH) Community Television via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re officially in the loop for today! I’ll be in your inbox soon with your next update.
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a freelance writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org